The main requirements for a company to get a Confidential, Secret, or Top Secret facility clearance (a.k.a. facility security clearance) issued by the federal government are that:
• The company must need access to classified national security information in connection with a legitimate U.S. government or foreign government requirement
• The company is required to be physically located in the U.S.A. or its territories.
• The company be organized under the laws of any of the fifty United States, one of its territories, the District of Columbia, or an American Indian / Alask Native tribal entity.
• A federal government agency or a company already possessing a facility clearance must sponsor the uncleared company for the facility clearance.
• The company not be owned, controlled, or influenced by a foreign person or interest. (somewhat negotiable)
• Certain management employees of the company (who must be U.S. citizens) already have or obtain their own personnel security clearances as part of the facility security clearance process. (somewhat negotiable)